Federal Government has restored Iqbal Day Holiday on the birth anniversary of Dr. Muhammad Iqbal. This public holiday had been suspended since 2015 by PML(N) Government. Now PML(N) government has restored it again. A notification has been issued in this regard. The public holiday will be observed across the country i.e in Punjab, KPK, Balochistan, Sindh, GB, AJK and FATA. All schools, universities and other government and private institutions will remain closed. The following lines have been taken from the notification.
In continuation of Cabinet Division’s circular No. 10-01/2021-Min-ll dated 17th December 2021, it is for general information that the Prime Minister is pleased to restore the public holiday on the occasion of Allama Iqbal Day i.e. 9th November. Therefore, Wednesday 9th November 2022 shall be observed as public holiday throughout the country. The above circular may kindly be published in all major English and Urdu Dailies both at National and Regional levels and also be given wide publicity through electronic media.
Dr. Allama Muhammad Iqbal was born on 9th November 1877 in Sialkot and died on 21st April 1938. He was a great philosopher, writer, poet and politician. He is well known due to his unique poetry. He is not only renowned in Pakistan but also in the world He is the author of many books. He is called the poet of the east. He played a very important role in the Pakistan Movement. He infused a new soul among the sub-continent Muslims to get freedom. At last, Pakistan came into being on 14th August 1947.
A Copy forwarded to the Iqbal Day holiday Notification:
- President’s Secretariat (Personal/Public), Aiwan-e-Sadr, Islamabad.
- Prime Minister’s Office (Internal)/(Public), OSD (Admn), Islamabad.
- The Chief Election Commissioner of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- The Auditor General of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Joint Staff Headquarters, Rawalpindi
- The GHQ, Rawalpindi.
- The AGPR, Islamabad.
- Chairman, National Accountability Bureau, (NAB), Islamabad.
- All Secretaries/Additional Secretaries Incharge of Ministries/Division.
- Chief Secretaries, Government of the Punjab, Lahore/ Sindh, Karachi/ Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar/ Balochistan, Quetta/ Northern Areas, Gilgit-Baltistan and AJK, Muzaffarabad.
- All Inspector Generals of Police.
- All departments of Cabinet Division.
- The Registrar, Supreme Court of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- The Registrar, Federal Shariat Court, Islamabad.
- The Registrar, Islamabad High Court, Islamabad.
- Secretaries, Senate Secretariat, National Assembly, Islamabad.
- The Director General, ISI, Islamabad.
- The Director General, IB, Islamabad.
- The Chief Commissioner, ICT (Admn), Islamabad.
- The Manager, State Bank of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Wafaqi Mohtasib’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Wafaqi Tax Ombudsman’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
- The Chairman CDA, Islamabad.
- The Director IT, Cabinet Division with the request to upload on official website.
- 25. PS to the Secretary, Cabinet Division, Islamabad.
PS to Special Secretary, the Additional Secretary-II, &III, Cabinet Division, Islamabad
Iqbal Day Holiday Notification 2022
Iqbal Day Holiday Punjab Govt. Notification