The Government Of Punjab Finance Department has issued a notification in connection with “Grant Of Ad-HOC Relief Allowance 2023 @30% On Initial Of Basic Pay To The Civil Servants Of Punjab Government”. As per the notification, the regular and contract Punjab government employees will get 30% Ad-hoc relief allowance on the initial basic pay scale 2022 with effect from 1st July 2023 till further orders with the following terms and conditions.
- Be subject to income Tax.
- Be admissible during leave and the entire period of LPR except during extraordinary leave.
- Not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of pension/ gratuity and recovery of House Rent.
- Not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad.
- Be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them had they not been posted abroad.
The aforementioned Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2023 will be accommodated from the various departments’ budgetary allocation for the Fiscal Year 2023-2024, and no additional grant will be made on this account.
As you know, all the Punjab Govt. employees protested and sat in before the Civil Secretariat last week. Their only demand was that the salaries and pensions of all the employees of the Punjab Government should be increased at per with the federal employees and the employees of other provinces.
The protest was postponed on the verbal assurance of the adviser of Prime Minister Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan, but according to the notification issued by the Government of Punjab Finance Department today, the salaries and pensions have been increased as much as was announced in the provincial budget. AGEGA/APCA and other government employees union of all departments have rejected and burnt this notification and raised slogans ” Notification Na-Manzoor Na-Manzoor.”They all ready to agitate again after the 10th Muharram Ul Haram.
Notification Pay Increase 2023
Finance Department Punjab also granted 5% increase in the pension of retired government employees / civil pensioners upto 80 years of age and 20% increase in pension of retired government employees / civil pensioners who are over 80 years of age on July 1st, 2023.
Notification Pension Increase 2023